Business Cards






 This project was using InDesign, which is a software I had never used before. we were tasked to create three different business cards using the different colored logos we created. I enjoyed this project. I like making things like this. one of the first things I did when using photoshop was create business cards for my brother's business, so this was very enjoyable for me.

I liked InDesign's interface for making these cards. It was relatively simple to figure it all out, and was pretty similar to the other programs in the Adobe suite. 

When making these cards, I wanted to give completely different styles. In my previous post about the logos, you can see that my colored logos are all using red and black, however for this project I changed it around. I found that changing the logo colors based on the card would make it look better, and give me more options on what to create.

The first card was simple. I took the black and red logo, and made a simple black and white card. Something basic that would work as a business card. The second card I decided to have more fun. I used the topography design that I had from a previous project in photoshop. For this, I wanted to make a fun card that would stand out, and I thought that the topography would do that. The colors here were also a little different. I chose the green and peach colors because I thought that they went pretty well together, and stood out. For the third card I chose more of an ocean design. I made these shapes in photoshop and copied them into InDesign. I really like the color blue, and this one was my favorite to look at. I liked changing the wings on the logo to follow the changing of the blue in the waves on the front. For the back I chose to go more simple as to not distract from the information, and added a QR code so that people could scan it and find more information about the card owner.

Overall this was a fun project. Aside from having to learn a new software, this was very enjoyable. What made my project successful was my ability to create clear cards that stood out. Whether it be with creative or bold designs, I think that these cards all stand out when you look at them. I also think that the project is successful because I was able to take a basic logo and make it fit in to the cards in creative ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photoshop homework 2

Somewhere

Digital Media Portfolio